Star Wars Celebrations are major fan conventions held and sponsored by Lucasfilm. They were first held in the same year as all three prequel trilogy films, and have since been held every few years in the United States, Europe, and Japan. The conventions celebrate Star Wars fandom in a live environment and always include celebrity guests, such as Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. George Lucas also attended Celebration in 2010, in an event hosted by comedian Jon Stewart.
The most recent convention, Celebration Europe II, is happening right now in Germany.
List of CelebrationsEdit
The following is the list of all Star Wars Celebrations that have been held. From left to right are the names, dates, locations, and (if applicable) the purpose of each convention.
- Celebration I — April 30–May 2, 1999 — Denver, Colorado — release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Celebration II — May 3– May 5, 2002 — Indianapolis, Indiana — release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Celebration III — April 21–April 24, 2005 — Indianapolis, Indiana — release of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Celebration IV — May 24–May 28, 2007 — Los Angeles, California — 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Celebration Europe — July 13–July 15, 2007 — London, United Kingdom; 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Celebration Japan — July 19–July 21, 2008 — Tokyo, Japan; 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope in Japan
- Celebration V — August 12–August 15, 2010 — Orlando, Florida — 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Celebration VI — August 23–August 26, 2012 — Orlando, Florida
- Celebration Europe II — July 26–July 28, 2013 — Essen, Germany