- WARNING: Major plot spoilers for both Heir to the Jedi and Star Wars Rebels follow.
The new era of Star Wars canon is an exciting time for many fans, myself included. I never read many Legends (Expanded Universe) books, so, to me, we're seeing the advent of a whole new era for Star Wars and the release of so many untold stories. Between the fun adventure of A New Dawn and the psychological exploration of Tarkin, not to mention the spectacular Star Wars Rebels and the exciting new comics from Marvel, the future is very bright.
Not every story will be great, though, and Heir to the Jedi is, unfortunately, the first canon misstep. It's certainly not that bad by any means, don't get me wrong, and it has plenty of enjoyable moments, but it lands flat and doesn't…
Marvel Comics have released their comic solicitations for May 2015, including the four Star Wars comics that will be released that month. Check out these solicitations, from IGN, below:
MARK WAID (w) • TERRY DODSON (a/C)
- The Empire is rounding up fugitive Alderaanians...
- ...that doesn't sit well with their Princess.
- But what can one woman do against an Empire?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.
JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)
SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME CONTINUES!
- As Luke goes home in search of the truth about his late mentor...
- ...Leia takes Han on a secret mission o…
Lucasfilm and Disney XD have released a preview for the next episode of Star Wars Rebels, titled "Rebel Resolve." The episode features the rebels attempting to rescue Kanan from Grand Moff Tarkin. The episode is Part One of a two-part season finale. The full description is below:
- Despite a secret informant who insists the Rebels go into hiding, Ezra secretly plots to rescue Kanan from the Imperials in an all-new Star Wars Rebels episode "Rebel Resolve"!
- With Kanan being held by Grand Moff Tarkin and the Inquisitor, Ezra resolves to rescue his Jedi teacher in direct defiance of Hera's orders. Using Chopper disguised as an Imperial courier droid, the Rebels infiltrate the Imperial communications network to find out where Kanan is being held – a…
"Call to Action," the eleventh episode of Star Wars Rebels, aired tonight, which means there's a new episode of Rebels Recon, going behind the scenes of the episode. You can watch the video above, read the official episode guide here, and read more on Wookieepedia here.
This episode of Rebels Recon also contains a preview clip from the next episode, "Rebel Resolve," which will be released on WatchDisneyXD.com and the WatchDisneyXD app next Monday, February 16th. It will premiere on Disney XD on February 23rd.
What did you think of tonight's episode? You can read my review here, and share your thoughts in the comments below!
- This is a review of Marvel's Star Wars #1, released last month; and Star Wars #2, released last week. Spoilers follow.
Having been very busy lately, I wasn't able to post a review of the first two issues of Marvel's first new Star Wars comic series—aptly titled Star Wars—until now. But considering Darth Vader #1 is coming out on Wednesday (followed by Darth Vader #2 in two weeks), I thought now was as good a time as any.
I feel like I should be clear up front: I've never been that into Star Wars Legends, which used to be called the Expanded Universe. There have been a number of Legends comics series set between Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, but I haven't read any of them. I therefore have no past Legend…